1. My Mom Anniversary. So this isn't a real thing and I'm a little late on blogging about it...but several weeks ago was what I considered to be my "Mom" anniversary - the day which marked a 3-year period in which I have now been either pregnant and/or breastfeeding. I suggested to my husband that he should buy me some flowers and he came though with a beautiful bunch of sunflowers and fall seasonal flowers (pictured in part above). But really, reflecting on this has made me realize how quickly the time has gone by. It seems I am seeing or hearing this quotation everywhere lately, "The days are long, but the years are short."
2. The Happiness Project. I realize I was really late to the party by just finishing this book now. I actually got the book many years ago (before I had kids) and I quit in the middle of the first chapter. I just wasn't interested in it at all at that time. I was reminded of it when reading some posts on the Peanut Butter Fingers Blog, she is a big fan of Gretchen Rubin. I had been feeling a little down and overwhelmed lately so I decided to give it another try.
This go around, I was captivated! I was highlighting like mad and I finished the entire book in under a week. I'm now reading Happier at Home which seems a little repetitive, but as it's quite a quick read as well, I'm sure I will finish it.
I have downloaded a few resources from Gretchen Rubin's Site, but I'm more drawn to utilizing my existing Ink + Volt Planner better. I've requested the 2018 one from my husband as a Christmas gift. There are deluxe models this year which come in additional colors, but check out my post on my 2017 Planner if you are interested. I've enjoyed using this planner much more than I ever liked my 2016 Bullet Journal experiments - there are many many many people who love keeping a Bullet Journal...it just wasn't for me.
3. Streamlined Skin Routine. I have been a big fan of Origins for years. My new favorite product is their Ginzing Tinted Moisturizer! This goes on looking a little white (SPF 40) but gives me the perfect amount of coverage. To complete my almost bare look, I dab a bit of Neutrogena 3 in 1 Healthy Skin Concealer under my eyes and apply Clinique Naturally Glossy Mascara. I've been using that mascara for nearly two decades, it provides light coverage and never clumps.
I had very dry skin when I was pregnant and fell in love with Origins products: Pure Cream Cleanser which removes makeup and cleanses skin with absolutely no irritation or drying. It was the only cleanser I tried which didn't leave my face red and irritated but still removed makeup. Drink Up Intensive which is advertised as a "mask" but is really just a thick cream. I used it as my morning and evening moisturizer for months over the winter during my first pregnancy. The girl at the store told me I shouldn't, but couldn't tell me why. Perhaps because it is twice the size and half the cost of their "moisturizers" ;-). I also love their Overnight Hydrating Repair Cream from their Make a Difference Line of products which provides intense moisture without being greasy. Now that my skin is less dry, I'm using their Plantscription Eye Cream and Youth Renewing Power Night Cream at night...I am almost 40 after all and I hope to age as beautifully as my mom...
4. These Pumpkin-Spice Blondies. I added 1/2 cup pumpkin, 1/4 cup flour, and cooked them for 8 additional minutes. I love that the recipe makes an 8x8 pan, which to me is the perfect amount of dessert to bake up at a time. As a mom, I need the occasional treat but I'm also super passionate about losing my baby weight and being a fit mom. I recommend following someone - a friend, a blogger, etc - who posts a lot on social media or a blog about being fit for inspiration. I started following Maria Kang on Facebook when I was pregnant with my first son.
5. My new California Navy Tieks. A birthday present from my hubby. This is my second and perhaps last pair of Tieks as they are very expensive. I've always had trouble finding comfortable flats and having a baby and a toddler now, I desperately wanted some comfortable flats which made me feel fashionable. I've been so happy with my Tieks! (Original Post)
Happy Friday! We are heading out to a pumpkin patch/petting zoo/kid extravaganza this weekend!
Do you have any fun weekend plans?